Barrie, Ontario…the perfect place to call home.
Located an hour north of the Greater Toronto Area and south of cottage country, Barrie offers you the best of all worlds. A vibrant, attractive city, Barrie is small town friendly with all the amenities of a large city.
With its 90+ parks, beautiful Kempenfelt Bay shoreline, swimmable beaches, ski resorts, and active music and performing arts groups, Barrie has something for everyone.
Just starting out, or looking for a family-friendly place to live? Here are more reasons to choose Barrie:
- With its lower cost of living and diverse range of affordable housing options, Barrie was named “3rd Best Place to Invest in Ontario Real Estate” in 2014.
- In 2014, Barrie was named the “Safest City in Canada” by Statistics Canada.
- With room for your family to grow, Barrie is home to one of the youngest populations in Canada.
- Warm and welcoming, Barrie boasts a community spirit second to none.
- From pre-school to post secondary, Barrie offers a wide range of options including public, separate, private and bilingual education.
- Barrie’s Royal Victoria Hospital recently completed a $450-million expansion to create a world-class healthcare facility.
- Love to shop? Barrie offers great shopping with Georgian Mall, Park Place and much more.
- Live to golf? You’ll find a wide selection of excellent golf courses in Barrie and surrounding areas.
Barrie Quick Facts:
- Population 143,000
- Perched on the shores of beautiful Kempenfelt Bay
- Over 300 hectares of parkland
- A wide choice of music festivals, live theatre and performing arts
- Tons of sports and adventure events – year round
- Home of the Barrie Colts Hockey Team
- Minutes from Georgian Downs and horse racing
- Kempenfest, the largest arts and crafts festival in North America
Check out these links to find the right school for your family in city of Barrie.
Homes for Sale in Barrie
55 Cloughley Drive
Listing office: RE/MAX Chay Realty Inc., Brokerage
MLS® ID: 30609119
19 GOSNEY Crescent
Listing office: Keller Williams Experience Realty, Brokerage
MLS® ID: 30609819
107 Athabaska Road
Listing office: Royal Lepage First Contact Realty, Brokerage
MLS® ID: 30612991